April was full of win, for a change! I finally kicked the plateau! This month saw movement in both weight and inches, both down! Not as much as I’d like, but still, progress! That’s exciting, especially since my parents came into town for a week, and a frozen custard place opened up nearby. (Everywhere is nearby, technically)
I bought a new swimsuit. I had been putting it off, of course, because all year I was hoping I’d lose 20 pounds before we left, or something. Well, that hasn’t happened. But while my mom was here and in a mood to shop, I decided I deserved a new swimsuit now. I hadn’t gotten a new one in a couple of years, I’d feel better with one that fit me well today, and if I wait until “someday” for things like that, “someday” may never come. I’m still keeping all my old, smaller ones, because hope springs eternal.
Still waiting out a tooth from Baby G, so sleep is basically just a pen pal at this point, and I’m sure the next couple of months of transition won’t help, either. (I wish we could put her crib in UAB!) But I drank more water, ate better lunches, and generally am pleased with how the month ended.
Things that went well:
- Lost weight AND inches!
- PRE-PREGNANCY JEANS! FINALLY!
- Crow pose! Granted, I can only get my feet a few inches off the ground, and my butt isn’t nearly as high as it should be, but still! I’m holding myself up only by my hands/wrists/arms/abs/back/thighs for several seconds – actually holding myself up, not falling with style.
- Started incorporating more fresh fruit into our regular diet. It’s a little random having kiwi quarters with spaghetti and meatballs, but it’s also nice.
- Yoga has been kind of hit-and-miss because of our weird schedules right now, but I’m still doing what I can, when I can
Things that can go better:
- The usuals: more water, more sleep
- More yoga
- Start adding in some regular cardio. It’ll probably just be in the form of walking and picking things up and putting them down, since we’re going to be in transition for the next few weeks. But still.
And now, for the news you’ve all been waiting for, the winner of the Blogaversary Giveaway:
Congratulations, Ashley! I’ll be emailing you soon!