- According to the pregnancy app on my phone, we officially entered the 3rd trimester this week. Yippee!
- We also entered a new phase of baby-ness: up till now, Baby G had been a really good sleeper. Or, at least, she was a considerate little person. Now she’s either big enough or restless enough that she’s started waking me up in the night and keeping me up. The other night, I swear she had hiccups for an hour. So, this is going to be fun.
- I had some victory at the on-post Thrift Shop this week. Found some non-hideous maternity tops and some really cute infant dresses. I’m more excited about the dresses, of course. I really can’t see the point of pants on infants, especially during a summer in the Chihuahua desert. We have a huge Thrift Shop here, and unlike a lot of other posts, all the money spent there goes to scholarships and charitable causes, not the MWR, so I like giving them my money. Doesn’t hurt that I got $8-$10 Carters dresses for $2.
- Next week is my glucose test. I’m not very worked up about it. Mostly I’ll just be glad to have it over with.
- Last night Baby G surprised me and kicked so hard my whole belly moved to one side. Still so freaky in a cool way. I think it’s one of those things that, unless you’ve experienced it, you can’t really grasp what it’s like. But it’s cool. At least, I think it’s cool.
- I had this great vision for one wall in Baby G’s room. I wanted to buy the Thomas Kinkade Disney calendars, cut out the prints of the princesses, frame them, and make a sort of gallery wall out of them. Because you can’t go wrong with Thomas Kinkade. And Disney. Anyway, after much research, I’ve learned that he made 6 Disney Princess works – Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Princess and the Frog. And of all the calendars I can find, the most in any one is 5, and none of them have Princess and the Frog.
So, do I go ahead and buy the calendar with the first 5, frame them, and wait and hope next year’s has the last one? Do I try to get cheap prints from ebay or someplace and hope I don’t wind up spending an arm and a leg? Because, if I spend $30 on a calendar (I know, I know) that comes out to about $7 a print, which isn’t bad, plus a half-priced frame from Hobby Lobby. For a print, I think that’s pretty economical?