- I'm very excited to begin today by announcing the three lucky Shutterfly giveaway winners:
Thanks to everyone who entered! You three should look for codes in your inboxes sometime this weekend! (Sorry to be vague, I've just got a lot to catch up on, but you'll get them soon!)
- If you weren't one of the lucky winners, don't fret! There are still other opportunities to win cards! Check out Blonde Glambition & GI Joe's Wife (ends tonight!)
- There's another giveaway going on, too: My fabulous funny cousin Michelle is giving away several popular books over on her blog. Be sure and check it out!
- And yet another giveaway: Lydia is hosting a very cute military themed giveaway on her blog! Hop over and take a look!
- So as you know, I'm currently in mad-dash to get my NaNoWriMo 2010 draft "finished" before NaNoWriMo 2011 begins on Tuesday. (I seriously quivered typing Tuesday. Am I ready?) So I've been putting in some late nights recently. There's a story in there about how I drank a big cup of coffee at 7:00 and still passed out at 11:30, but that's for another time.
Anyway, the other night, I'm trying to work away sometime near midnight, and Jeb is snoozing away beside me on the couch. And Achilles can't settle down.
He wants to go to bed (in our room) and apparently I must go to bed too. I must. Because he started howling (yes, full-on howling) when I didn't get up and go as soon as he *ahem* requested it. He gets pretty cranky when he's tired. Anyway, I couldn't have him howling - it would wake up SoldierMan, and he has much earlier mornings than I do. So I gave in and turned off the lights and went into the back of the house.
It was pitch black and my eyes were not adjusting nearly as well as the dogs' (duh). Literally couldn't make out a thing. So I start zombie-walking to the bed. You know what I mean: hands out, feet sliding across the floor so I don't step on a shoe or bone or puppy. I must have looked really pathetic, because Achilles walked up to me, took my hand gently and guided me right to my side of the bed where the covers were folded down. And then he laid down and went to sleep.
He's a stinker, but he can be sweet when he wants to be. And doesn't want to be stepped on.
- I've probably shared this with you before, but I just love this:
check and check.
- Hope you have a fantastic weekend!